Becoming a Soccer Scholar
Becoming a Soccer Scholar starts with being referred by a coach or academic administrator. Candidates will fill out an online application indicating their qualification and desire to become a Soccer Scholar student-athlete. A limited number of youth will be accepted into the program each year based on SSF fiscal budgets, capacity and potential soccer scholars meeting academic standards.
- First-Generation college-bound and/or low-income qualified (NSLP)
- High school age male or female.
- Passionate about attending college and committing to the academic requirements for acceptance.
- Seeking support and willingness to be paired with an Athlete-Mentor for guidance and support.
- Maintaining a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Support and acceptance by parent or guardian in entering the SSF program.
- Acknowledgement and adherence to Soccer Scholars Foundations official “Athletic Code of Conduct Agreement”.